What is it?
Our fine art printing service allows artists to produce copies of their original artwork in the form of fine art (giclée) prints. We first create a digital version of the original artwork, then print it as required on a wide format giclée printer.
Instead of trying to provide a service offering 99%+ accuracy and charging significantly for it, we offer a more cost effective service based on slightly lower expectations. Should you need 99%+ accuracy, there are companies that can provide this but you can expect to pay over £100 per image for their service. We charge £25, but for this our processes have to be streamlined to make this price point viable. We like to think that our service still provides accuracy in the high 90s, and sometimes at 99% or more, and we have thousands of images on file by hundreds of artists who are happy with what we provide considering it is only £25.
We digitise your artwork using a variety of digital capture techniques and produce an A4 printed proof for your inspection. If you aren't happy with the proof, you don't pay a penny. Our digital images are adjusted for optimal printing from our printers.
We use an Epson Large Format Printer utilising the Epson UltrachromeHD pigment inks guaranteed not to fade (under normal lighting conditions) for at least 75 years. We print on Epson Velvet Fine Art paper which is 100% cotton rag, acid free and 260 g/m² in weight. We can print at any size up to A2.
We offer preferential rates for print presentation involving a mount, a backing board and a cellophane sleeve. The prints are then immediately ready for display in browsers or portfolios.
Should you want to make your edition limited, we will manage the edition at no extra cost, ensuring prints are correctly numbered and accompanied with corresponding certificates of authenticity. Certificates are printed using the same process on 190gsm Bockingford paper. Our call-off service ensures you only print the number of prints you need, whilst maintaining the integrity of the edition.
The examples on the left show the detail captured during the process:
- Top - The texture of heavily applied paint is captured in the print.
- Centre - The grain of the original canvas can be seen in the print.
- Bottom - This print has the same chalky appearance as the original pastel.
Prices - Setup
- In House Digitisation and Basic Proofing - We digitise the artwork and produce a printed A4 proof for just £25 per image.
- No proofing - If you have your own image professionally photographed, there is no setup fee. Printing is on the basis that we do not make any adjustments to the image that you have supplied - we just print it and the print cost applies even if the print is not as expected.
Prices - Printing
- Printed at any size that fits onto an A4 sheet - £7 per print
- Printed at any size that fits onto an A3 sheet - £14 per print
- Printed at any size that fits onto an A2 sheet - £28 per print
- Printed limited edition certificate (A5 giclée printed on 190gsm Bockingford paper) - £1 per certificate
Prices - Presentation
- Presentation based on A4 print - £12 per print
- Presentation based on A3 print - £16 per print
- Presentation based on A2 print - £20 per print
Presentation includes a quality acid-free computer-cut mount, conservation backing board and crystal cellophane sleeve - ready for sale or presentation.
We also produce fine art greetings cards using the same process, although we use 225 g/m² Somerset paper to keep the cost per card a little more reasonable. There is the same one off £25 setup fee per image as the process to digitise is the same.
Prices include printing the card face, any information you require on the back, blank inside, folding, a white envelope and sealing in a cellophane sleeve. There is no minimum print run but should be ordered in the multiples shown (which is as many as we can get on one sheet of paper).
- Card size 152 x 104mm - £1.70 each - multiples of 4
- Card size 144 x 144mm - £2.30 each - multiples of 3
To discuss any aspects of our Fine Art Printing Service, please Contact Us.