Fine Art (Giclée) Printing
What is it?
Our fine art printing service allows artists to produce copies of their original artwork in the form of fine art (giclée) prints. The original artwork is photographed under specific conditions, electronically adjusted as required and printed on a wide format giclée printer.
We photograph your artwork in-house using our own equipment. Doing this in-house reduces the costs of the image capture process. We have invested in industry leading studio lighting and use calibration equipment and software to produce a high quality digital image of your work. In most cases, the results are more than sufficient for producing giclée prints up to A2, and certainly good enough for portfolio and website use.
We use an Epson Large Format Printer utilising the Epson K3 Ultrachrome pigment inks guaranteed not to fade (under normal lighting conditions) for at least 75 years. We print on Epson Velvet Fine Art paper which is 100% cotton rag, acid free and 260 g/m² in weight. We can print at any size up to A2.
We offer preferential rates for print presentation involving a mount, a backing board and a cellophane sleeve. The prints are then immediately ready for display in browsers or portfolios.
Should you want to make your edition limited, we will manage the edition at no extra cost, ensuring prints are correctly numbered and accompanied with corresponding certificates of authenticity. Certificates are printed using the same process on 190gsm Bockingford paper. Our call-off service ensures you only print the number of prints you need, whilst maintaining the integrity of the edition.
The examples on the left show the detail captured during the process:
- Top - The texture of heavily applied paint is captured in the print.
- Centre - The grain of the original canvas can be seen in the print.
- Bottom - This print has the same chalky appearance as the original pastel.
Prices - Setup
- In House Photography and Basic Proofing - We photograph the artwork ourselves and produce one or two proofs for just £20 per image. This is often more than adequate for most needs and provides a cost effective way of producing giclée prints.
- No proofing - If you have your own image professionally photographed, the setup fee is just £10 per image if you want to take the risk of printing without proofing.
Prices - Printing
- Printed at any size that fits onto an A4 sheet - £6 per print
- Printed at any size that fits onto an A3 sheet - £12 per print
- Printed at any size that fits onto an A2 sheet - £24 per print
- Printed limited edition certificate (A5 giclée printed on 190gsm Bockingford paper) - £1 per certificate
Prices - Presentation
- Presentation based on A4 print - £10 per print
- Presentation based on A3 print - £14 per print
- Presentation based on A2 print - £18 per print
Presentation includes a quality acid-free computer-cut mount, conservation backing board and crystal cellophane sleeve - ready for sale or presentation.
We also produce fine art greetings cards using the same process, although we use 225 g/m² Somerset paper to keep the cost per card a little more reasonable. There is a one off £10 setup fee per image.
Prices include printing the card face, any information you require on the back, blank inside, folding, a white envelope and sealing in a cellophane sleeve. There is no minimum print run but should be ordered in the multiples shown (which is as many as we can get on one sheet of paper!)
- Card size 152 x 104mm - £1.60 each - multiples of 4
- Card size 144 x 144mm - £2.20 each - multiples of 3
- Card size 210 x 100mm - £3.00 each - multiples of 2